Thursday, April 16, 2009

Mariza

The guitars immediately impressed me with their beautiful sound blended together. I couldn't believe they could move their fingers so fast. Then Mariza came in. She looked like a giant compared to the others sitting down, but absolutely gorgeous. I was constantly watching her steps and thought she'd trip on her long dress any moment, but she never even stumbled.

Her voice amazed me. I got shivers multiple times throughout the concert. I liked it when she danced to the beat or moved her arms around, she really got into the music which made me get into the music even more.

Each musician was amazing at their instrument. I liked hearing each solo throughout the concert, especially the drummer. He had so many different objects to use that I was excited to see what was next. They all felt their music, I love seeing people really into what they're doing.

I liked that Mariza talked to us, it became more personable. I also liked how she sang in english for one of her songs. I could tell she was really trying to connect us to her portugese music and it worked. I was surprised to hear how beautifully she sang in english, but I liked her usual way of singing more.

I've had her songs stuck in my head since I left the concert, I can't get them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment