Wednesday, January 21, 2009

About Me

Hi everyone!  
My name is Lauren and I'm from Lake Forest, Illinois, which is a suburb north of Chicago. I'm an English major and I'm pretty excited about this blog because I haven't done one like this before. It is a nice change of pace from my formal paper assignments.
On that same note, I'm looking forward to this class because it is different from any class I have taken previously. In high school, I ran track and cross country and participated in a variety of clubs including Student Council and the newspaper. Currently, I'm an editorial intern for the Illio Yearbook...you might not have known that colleges have yearbooks, but we do! I am also a Food & Drink writer for Buzz magazine. I'm trying to figure out what I may want to do in the future with writing. Lastly, I joined a sorority last semester. So I'm keeping busy!
As I mentioned in class, I was never into drama, school plays but I don't mind public speaking. Although, that is not to say that I'm not interested in art and performances. I think it's a great opportunity to utilize what KCPA has to offer. The events I'm most interested in attending this semester are Cirque Eloize, as I'm sure most of you are as well, and the SITI performances. But I must admit, I have never been to the opera and so I'm anxious to attend one of the opera performances.
I think that's all I have to say about me and I hope I'm posting this to the right place...but I'm looking forward to a good semester!



No comments:

Post a Comment